Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Elton's Drain

Today I decided to dust off the old urbex gear and get out for the first time in months. I recently saw a location on Ryan Ademan's facebook page about this Rhode Island drain. He was kind enough to give me the location, and so I set off.

The drain was built by the WPA in 1941 out of mainly stone and bricks. It opens up into a large straight distance of drain easy to walk through to a smaller brick drain that I went a fair bit down, but it seems to go on for quite a while, curving slightly north. I might return soon for some better shots, especially in the snow.

The drain, exterior. They don't make storm drains like they used to.

This is what the drain flows out into--a mossy stone stream which carves through the woods.

From inside.









No comments:

Post a Comment