Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Roger Williams Park Mausoleum and Grave Hunting

After stopping at Elton's Drain, I ventured to this creepy derelict cemetery.

I've been looking for the grave of George B. Boyden, an influential Rhode Island property owner from the 19th century, after I saw his grave on a uer.ca forum post. One of the locations my search has brought me to is the Roger Williams Park Mausoleum, which sits on Oakland Cemetery. The Mausoleum was abandoned in the early 2000s (I think) with still 527 human remains left inside (though recent efforts have been made to extract some and bury them). You can find more information about this (as well as pictures of the interior) online.

I took a couple pictures of the cemetery, but I don't think it's the one I'm looking for. I'm headed to some places in Bristol and Providence next.




Couldn't make out all the words in this sign but the first one was "CONDEMNED"

The cemetery. Parts of it are very old and worn down.

No comments:

Post a Comment