Friday, July 22, 2016

All Saints Drain--Exteriors

Over the past week or so, I've done some exploring of the drain, inside and out. After today and yesterday, I finally got as far as I could with the exterior of the drain and now have some pictures to show of it. The drain flows out into an old and worn cobblestone path which runs through the woods, which I followed as far as I could to get these shots:

The drain's face from the cobblestone path it flows into.

This was covered in weeds when I first saw it on my first trip last Saturday. I would have never seen it had I not been looking for it.



The path during golden hours.

Eventually the cobblestone path fills with sand increasingly until it becomes a sandy, trash-filled path through the woods with many fallen trees and tree limbs.





Some finds along the path.

Notice how this shopping cart is partially submerged in the dirt.


This is the half-buried worn-out figure of an old bicycle.

Finally we reached something--a tiny isolated bridge through which shallow water flows.

The bridge is small, leads nowhere in particular, and is covered in graffiti. It pours out into some deeper water which becomes a river.

Under the bridge.


Other side.


Beaver damn up the river. I believe the river eventually leads to a very large drain, but I could not go any farther in just my rainboots.

2 comments: