Friday, July 8, 2016

Police Firing Range

After visiting the Attleboro Train Station today, I decided to check out the Attleboro Police Firing Range I had heard about across town. The entrance to this place was fenced up and marked with signs such as "Danger: Police Firing Range," "No Trespassing," and so on. Instead of hopping a fence on the road and walking down an open dirt road where I could easily be seen by the police who could have been already in the area, I decided to enter a different way.

I followed a path I found on Google Earth through the woods. It was for some kind of gas pipeline, and started near the main road by the water treatment plant, then went through some woods, fields, streams, and so on. After following this trail for a while I came to the road that I had seen from the other side of the fence before, but chose not to follow it directly to the firing range and rather to keep following the trail and go all the way around through woods without a trail or marking so as to avoid the risk of being stopped. Fortunately, the woods weren't that dense and I had a good sense of direction, and after a while I came upon the firing range. It was empty.

On my way back, I was spotted by a fireman near the road to the firing range, but I played it cool and kept walking. He didn't holler out and I ended up making it out fine.




Finally reached the firing range.

Peeking my head above this big pile of dirt.
Naturally, I tried the handle on the blue box, but the door was sealed shut.




I couldn't help but take some of the shell casings found all over the ground back with me. I know this violates one of the essential rules of urban exploration (take only photographs, leave only footsteps), but I couldn't help myself but to take a few souvenirs--it's not like the police could have put them to any more use anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment