Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pawtucket/Central Falls Train Station

Although the train still travels below it, this train station hasn't been used in one way or another for decades, and has been thoroughly boarded up. After circling the building once or twice, Calypso and I finally found a (relatively easily-accessible but very out in the open) point of entry, but I didn't stay for long because I was alone inside, wanted to get out soon, and the inside of the building is supposed to be loaded with asbestos, and I'm not willing to pay the $40 to upgrade from a dusk mask to a respirator just yet.


From behind. You can see the original staircase leading up to it, though it's a shame that the steps have been taken down; I hear they were beautiful. By the way, there's no way of getting in from underneath. The elevator shafts that run down there are unstable and could not be climbed.


Originally the main entrance.

I found a point of entry which led me into this bathroom. I apologize for the blurry photos inside. I was rushed and a bit on edge as people were walking around outside nearby and wild cats were running around and hissing at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment